Hair Color - Types of Hair Color - Some Tips for Colouring Hair
Colours add beauty and glamour to our static life. The colours which express our feelings are used in cosmetics, couture and surroundings. Coloring your hair is perhaps the quickest and most dramatic way to change your look. In general, the more melanin , the darker the hair color.
Human beings have many variations in hair color and hair texture. Hair color is the result of pigmentation due to the presence of the chemicals of melanin. A good hair color can add shine, drama and fun to your hair style. It can make some hair types easier to style.
Hair coloring can add spice and enhance many hair styles. A great hair color should look as natural as possible.
Types of Haircolor:-
It includes the following types of haircolors:-
- Temporary color:- It lasts from one shampoo to the next and is deposited on the outside of the hair shaft.
- Semi-Temporary color:- It lasts up to 4-6 shampoos. Usually contain no ammonia and does not have a developer. These will last a short time. The usually incur no damage to the hair. You can expect about 40-60% gray coverage.
- Demi Permanent Color:-The demi permanent color usually contains little or no ammonia and utilizes a low peroxide developer the color lasts about 6 weeks and fades gradually back to the natural shade. It usually do not contain ammonia and use a low volume developer usually under 10 volume to help activate the color . They cannot lighten hair. Uses peroxide in low vols. Many have no ammonia and leave little damage. When the color fades, it does gradually so it leaves no line of demarcation.
- Semi-Permanent color:- It usually contains some ammonia. Permanent color formulas change the natural hair color. They require maintenance to new hair growth after 4 to 6 weeks. Quasi-color contains ethanolamine and 3% peroxide which slightly opens the cuticle. This means that the color can last up to 20 washes and will softly fade as you shampoo, causing no regrowth problem.
Hair Colouring Tips:-
It includes the following tips:-
- Hair color at the hair ends fade more quickly as they are porous and do not hold color.
- You can add small amount of gold or yellow accent to the hair color at the ends or certain sections of your hair to add warmth to them or add a highlighting effect.
- If you go out in the sun or swim regularly, your hair color may wear off quickly.
- Chemicals used in swimming pool may give a greenish tint to blonde hairs. To combat this, use a good clarifying shampoo.
- Hair colors with blue base may give a greenish cast to yellow or gold hair while those with violet base, gives more natural and better results.
- If light-reddish blonde tones fade to orange color, you can use a little red-gold accent to give fashionable highlights.
- You must perform a skin patch test, prior to attempting to dye pubic hair. This is particularly important before coloring pubic hair.
- A quick and easy way to wash hair color from your pubic hair is in a warm shower using a hand held shower head, if available.
- Your hair color should suit your complexion. Any hair color will look good on pale skin. If you have pink skin, avoid shades of red or golden blonde.
- If you have short hair, avoid highlights & opt for full color. Subtle highlights around your face will brighten your complexion if you have longer hair.